Atlanta United and Gonzalo Pineda are coming off of the group’s worst efficiency and results of the season in a 3-0 drubbing in opposition to Austin FC Saturday. Pineda stated after the fit that he used to be ready to make many adjustments to his beginning lineup as the primary order of recourse, however perceived to stroll that language again on Tuesday after he’d had a while to observe the movie and marinate at the end result. So what lineup will he trot out at Mercedes-Benz Stadium this night? Right here’s a bet:
- Within the wake of Saturday’s loss, Pineda used to be made up our minds to enhance the protection and construct shape that basis. I feel he’s going to check out to do that by way of throwing numbers at it, with 3 middle backs and 3 true central midfielders — simply as he did when the group went to Crimson Bull Area and had been the easier group for 75 mins.
- At goalkeeper, Pineda discussed Saturday that Gudiño remains to be coming off of an offseason, however he’s been in coaching for a couple of weeks now and I feel Pineda will go for the [purportedly] higher shot stopper in Gudiño vs the easier ball-player in Rios Novo.
- In protection, I believe like Alan Franco will occupy the CCB function making an allowance for that’s the place he performed in opposition to Crimson Bulls and performed extraordinarily smartly. Instead of that, I do not know what aspect Purata and Campbell would possibly play. However I believe beautiful sure we will be able to see all 3 within the beginning lineup.
- Once more, having a look on the Crimson Bulls recreation, I feel Pineda will move with the similar midfield he used there. The most important tweak on this setup vs. typical knowledge is essentially the most skillful of the 3 midfielders in Rossetto taking part in the inner most of the 3. This may increasingly lend a hand the group in build-up scenarios and make allowance the opposite midfielders like Ibarra to be competitive figuring out there’s quilt at the back of. Ibarra has been getting dribbled previous like loopy in recent years, so it sort of feels smart to present him that quilt.
- Within the assault, Luiz Araujo is suspended, so the verdict can be between Almada and Moreno. Frankly, Almada is the extra skillful attacker, and one that may be the extra dynamic in tandem with Josef due to his ingenious passing and dynamic motion. Moreno would dangle the ball up somewhat extra and would have brisker legs for the reason that he got here on at halftime on Saturday. However Moreno appears to be falling out of Pineda’s first selection XI as proof by way of the previous couple video games, and I’m now not positive Moreno did himself any favors in his 45 mins Saturday evening.
What do you suppose Pineda will opt for?