Republicans within the Senate did the entirety of their energy to derail and undermine Justice Jackson’s nomination, treating her affirmation hearings as a chance to spew racist, sexist bile and unfold ridiculous conspiracy theories. However via all of it, Justice Jackson refused to hunch to their degree, keeping up her composure right through even essentially the most outlandish assaults from Republicans hoping for slightly of air time.
And thru all of it, MoveOn contributors such as you had been there to improve Justice Jackson and stand towards the efforts of Republicans to prevent her affirmation.
Because the get started of her affirmation hearings:
- MoveOn contributors made nearly 10,000 calls to Congress in improve of her affirmation,
- greater than 80,000 contributors signed directly to a petition calling for her to be showed,
- younger MoveOn contributors took to the streets in entrance of the Excellent Court docket to in an instant reveal public improve at the day of her nomination, and
- 150,000 folks ordered those stunning stickers, designed via artist Amanda Mustard, to turn their improve for her ancient nomination.
You’ll be able to sign up for with masses of 1000’s of fellow MoveOn contributors to rejoice Justice Jackson’s affirmation lately via ordering your unfastened KBJ sticky label, putting it someplace visual, and sharing this message along with your friends and family! Click on right here to reserve now.
Justice Jackson will likely be a voice for the folk at the court docket, having served as a public defender and on a sentencing fee. The paintings will have to proceed to rebalance the court docket after Mitch McConnell and Republicans packed it with extremely right-wing conservatives. We want no less than 3 extra Justice Jacksons at the court docket, as a result of our human and civil rights are at the line. So grasp your sticky label now to proudly show your improve for this ancient affirmation and as a reminder of what’s at stake in our paintings to construct an The united states the place everybody can thrive.
Thank you for all you do.
1. “The Senate confirms Jackson, raising the primary Black girl to the Excellent Court docket.” The New York Occasions, April 7, 2022